Tex-mex feasts, rodeos and a rugged wilderness collide in this staggeringly large state giving visitors a real taste for the Wild West. Boasting bonafide cowboys, heritage sites, and home to the NASA Space Center, Texas has something for everyone. Sunny weather can be enjoyed whilst you drive through the rolling countryside and canyons of Hill Country; swim, sail or fish in Lake County; sip a margarita along San Antonio’s picturesque River Walk or hit the beach at Galveston.
Beyond the state’s natural beauty, modern and cosmopolitan cities like Dallas and Houston are bursting with 21st century glitz. Skyscrapers soar upwards in their downtown districts and there’s first-class shopping, museums, art galleries and dining on tap. Also home to the live music capital of the world, Austin, entertainment is plentiful meaning a night in Texas is never dull!
Long haul, adventure, relaxation
- Direct flights
- GMT -6
- 10.5hrs from LON
- Best in Summer, Spring and Autumn
In Texas, you must
- Join the cowboys and cowgirls at a traditional Texas rodeo, whilst enjoying some live Texan entertainment
- Take a NASA tram tour at the Space Center in Houston and meet an astronaut!
- Bike or hike around the limestone ledges of the famous McKinney Falls State Park
- Indulge in typical Tex-Mex food, especially the giant Texan BBQ ribs!
- Explore the Spanish heritage of San Antonio at the Alamo Missions World Heritage Site
- Dine 750ft in the air at the famous revolving Chart House restaurant in San Antonio
- Take to the road on a driving safari at Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch where you can admire many animals including giraffes and zebras
- Enjoy a cocktail or drink in one of the many chic bars in Dallas or San Antonio
By Sophie Darbon
Sophie began her career in events back in 2010 after graduating from Bournemouth University with a BA in Events Management. Sophie is passionate about all events but particularly loves working in incentive travel.More articles by Sophie Darbon