Nowhere screams culture more than India; immerse yourself in the colour and sensory overload as you explore the awe-inspiring city of Jaipur. Jaipur is a sprawling, historical city of royal architecture; where you truly experience the heart and soul of India. This is the capital of Rajasthan which buzzes with a collaboration of old meeting new; watch rickshaws and motorbikes dodging camels while the local drivers call out to their potential customers.
Situated at the heart of the city is the City Palace which continues to overlook the city while housing the former royal family. This trip is a world away from normality and will rush your senses into overdrive for the duration of your stay.
Long haul, culture
- Direct flights
- GMT +5.5hrs
- 8hrs from LON
- Best in Autumn and Spring
In Jaipur, you must
- Explore Jaipur and its surroundings on a traditional elephant safari
- Take a hot air balloon ride over Udaipur
- Enjoy a match of elephant polo at the Dera Amer – don’t forget to place your bet!
- Bask in the long hours of sunshine while admiring the blue buildings of Jodhpur
- Stroll through the bazaars of the Vedic streets to purchase some authentic souvenirs
By Sophie Darbon
Sophie began her career in events back in 2010 after graduating from Bournemouth University with a BA in Events Management. Sophie is passionate about all events but particularly loves working in incentive travel.More articles by Sophie Darbon