Berlin is a scene-stealing combination of glamour and grit, teeming with top museums and galleries, grand opera and guerrilla clubs, gourmet temples and ethnic snack shacks. When it comes to fashion, art, design and music, the German capital is the city to watch. It is Berlin’s legendary climate of tolerance, openness and experimentation – infused with an edgy undercurrent – that gives this ‘eternally unfinished’ city its street credibility.
On top of all this, the excellent luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants ensure the city’s chic European status is upheld. This mixed bag, rich in history and cultural heritage offers plenty to see – from graffiti covered remnants of the Belin wall, to Hitler’s bunker and the new Jewish synagogue centre. However Berlin has by no means let its extraordinary past stifle it as an unusual and growing destination. Expect buzzing restaurants, filled to the brim with traditional German food, and world-renowned nightclubs to dance away in until the small hours.
Short haul, culture
- Direct flights
- GMT +1hr
- 1.5hrs from LON
- Best in Winter and Summer
In Berlin, you must
- Try something unusual and hire a group of exclusive private BBQ Donuts
- Enjoy a Hi-Flyer Sunset flight to soak up the sights with a traditional German snack
- Explore the city by Historical Zille Berlin bus
- Experience German food at its best at the traditional restaurant Zur Nolle
- High tea at the Adlon Hotel – well known for the Michael Jackson baby dangle episode!
- Enjoy an unusual transfer by Velo Taxi
- Absorb the culture with a huge choice of world renowned museums and art galleries
- Potter around the traditional food markets
- Explore the history behind The Berlin Wall
By Sophie Darbon
Sophie began her career in events back in 2010 after graduating from Bournemouth University with a BA in Events Management. Sophie is passionate about all events but particularly loves working in incentive travel.More articles by Sophie Darbon