Despite being small in size, the city of Amsterdam has plenty to offer and being within such easy reach of the UK makes it the perfect destination for a city break! Rich in culture and history, the city offers a lot of art galleries and great museums including the world-famous Anne Frank and Van Gogh museums. Along the charming cobbled streets you will find quirky cafés and delicious restaurants where you can enjoy fine cuisine. The picturesque winding streets and canals also make exploring the city by bicycle or by canal boat a popular option for many. As the sun sets, eclectic nightlife keeps the city alive into the small hours, with a great selection of chic bars and epic night clubs throughout the city.
Short haul, adventure, cultural
- Direct trip
- GMT +1
- 1h from London
- Best all year round
In Amsterdam, you must
- Hop on board a canal boat or hire a bike to explore the beautiful city
- Visit the famous Van Gogh museum
- Sit back and relax in one of the city’s quirky coffee shops as you watch the world go by
- Learn about the history and culture of the city at the Rijksmuseum
- Visit the infamous red light district – if you dare!
- Venture out of the city to Edam, where you can have a go at making your own cheese!
- Sip a cocktail at a rooftop bar as you admire views of the city
By Sophie Darbon
Sophie began her career in events back in 2010 after graduating from Bournemouth University with a BA in Events Management. Sophie is passionate about all events but particularly loves working in incentive travel.More articles by Sophie Darbon