An incredible opportunity to join a bright and vibrant creative event agency based in Windsor, Berkshire
- To manage all technical aspects of our live events
- To line manage the team of freelancers, technicians and event specific contractors on live events
- To ensure an excellent level of service is provided to all of our clients
- To line manage the team of technical staff, directing the work of permanent technicians, daily/hourly paid staff and casual crew on an event-by-event basis. To ensure that adequate and appropriate technical support is provided in advance, during and following events
- Work with the Production Director and other production team members to advance production department
- Attend site visits and production meetings as required
- Assist in the costing and production of client proposals based on their briefs
- Act as client liaison developing client relationships to a high standard
- Assess the technical requirements of events ensuring venue compatibility and determining potential costs
- Work with other departments to determine event requirements and maximise event revenues
- Maintain high standards of production for all events
- Coordinate lighting, sound, video, set, staging, electrical infrastructure, communications and all other technical equipment necessary for events
- Ensure budgetary targets are met through the proactive management of staffing on an event-by-event basis. Minimise costs, where possible, whilst maintaining high standards of production, health and safety and client satisfaction
- Lead, motivate, support and direct staff for whom you are responsible. Ensure all staff are aware of and working in accordance with current company policy, procedures and relevant Health and Safety legislation. Working in conjunction with our Health and Safety Manager, ensure that departmental and event related activities are risk assessed
- Work to a budget set by the client and ensure that all financial matters are managed in accordance with company policy. Manage all areas of the budget, reporting back to relevant manager in charge of event when necessary
- Complete reconciliation for every event spend, including petty cash, credit cards, fuel expenses and overtime
- Ensure events are organised in line with regulations pertaining to the Premises Licence. Liaise with licensing, safety and emergency services officials where required. Obtain special permissions where required (pyro’s, lasers, radio mic licenses etc.)
- Promote and comply with Penguins policy on equal opportunities both in delivery of services and treatment of others
- Sourcing and managing suppliers
- Research of new technologies on the market to be incorporated into Live projects
- As and when needed to rig, de-rig and operate equipment during events
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required
This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- The ideal candidate will have already gained a strong grounding within an agency environment
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
- Knowledge of the production process and resource/timescales needed to realise production requirements
- Excellent all round communication skills with good literary and numeracy
- Experience of professional stage machinery / electrics / sound / lighting communications and audio-visual techniques.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate production aspects of live events effectively
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Licensing Regulations
- Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative, with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to their work
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. The ability to inspire confidence in those they work with
- Ability to read, interpret and create CAD drawings
- Budgeting and financial skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
- Microsoft office skills essential
- Adobe suite experience an advantage
- Experience of designing and drawing in both 2D and 3D for live and experiential events an advantage
A mature and confident manager able to work calmly and effectively with a wide range of people, including artists, venue production staff and conference/event organisers. A flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team with an ability to handle several diverse projects at once and meet deadlines under pressure in a busy environment is essential.
- Current driving licence
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the Penguins “Information Security Policy” and “Employee Confidentiality Agreement”. Failure to do so will be deemed as gross misconduct.
The role will be based primarily in our Windsor office. There will be times when this role
will require you to work from the company’s other offices. You will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in Penguins “Health & Safety Policy” and “Employee Manual”.
We have a very strong company culture where people are passionate, enthusiastic and committed so we are looking for someone who shares these core values.
In return we can provide an excellent working environment where you will be supported and be given training where you can grow and progress your career further within the agency.
If you are interested in applying for the above role please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com. This role closes on Friday 13th April.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
By Gemma Chadwick
More articles by Gemma Chadwick